Re: backup manifests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: backup manifests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 3:58 AM Suraj Kharage
<suraj.kharage@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> 1: Getting below error while compiling 0002 patch.
> 2:
>
> Few macros defined in 0003 patch not used anywhere in 0005 patch. Either we can replace these with hard-coded values
orremove them.

Thanks. I hope that I have straightened those things out in the new
version which is attached. This version also includes some other
changes. The non-JSON code is now completely gone. Also, I've
refactored the code that does parses the JSON manifest to make it
cleaner, and I've moved it out into a separate file. This might be
useful if anyone ends up wanting to reuse that code for some other
purpose, and I think it makes it easier to understand, too, since the
manifest parsing is now much better separated from the task of
actually validating the given directory against the manifest. I've
also added some tests, which are based in part on testing ideas from
Rajkumar Raghuwanshi and Mark Dilger, but this test code was written
by me. So now it's like this:

0001 - checksum helper functions. same as before.
0002 - patch the server to generate and send a manifest, and
pg_basebackup to receive it
0003 - add pg_validatebackup
0004 - TAP tests

Comments?