Re: Patch: show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Patch: show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire
Date
Re: Patch: show relation and tuple infos of a lock to acquire  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Therefore I think the only case worth considering here is when
>> database/relation/TID are all defined.  The other cases where there is
>> partial information are dead code; and the case where there is nothing
>> defined (such as the one in SnapBuildFindSnapshot) is already handled by
>> simply not setting up a context at all.
>
> Right. So I think we should just keep one version of message.

Well, if we're back to one version of the message, and I'm glad we
are, can we go back to saying:

CONTEXT:  while updating tuple (0,2) in relation "public"."foo" of
database "postgres"

Instead of:

CONTEXT:  while operating on tuple (0,2) in relation "public"."foo" of
database "postgres": updating tuple

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company