Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby
Date
Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby
List pgsql-hackers
2011/8/15 Jun Ishiduka <ishizuka.jun@po.ntts.co.jp>:
>> > * Not correspond yet
>> >
>> >  * full_page_write = off
>> >    -> If the primary is "full_page_write = off", archive recovery may not act
>> >       normally. Therefore the standby may need to check whether "full_page_write
>> >       = off" to WAL.
>>
>> Isn't having a standby make the full_page_write = on in all case
>> (bypass configuration) ?
>
> what's the meaning?

Yeah.  full_page_writes is a WAL generation parameter.  Standbys don't
generate WAL.  I think you just have to insist that the master has it
on.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company