Re: WIP -- renaming implicit sequences - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: WIP -- renaming implicit sequences
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>> > Maybe not remove it, but instead add a link to this discussion.
>>
>> I don't see what that accomplishes, unless someone's arguing that we
>> really do want this behavior...?
>
> Well, it documents what happened when we tried to do it.  Sort of like
> "features we do not want".  But then, maybe it's just TODO bloat.

I share your urge to memorialize the conversation somewhere, but I
fear it will just cause future people to spend time thinking about it
that isn't really warranted.  I guess we could move it to the features
we do not want section, but that's mostly bigger picture stuff.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company