Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Personally that's not addressing my main concern, which is that the
> latency of getting done with some patch/topic takes a long while. If I
> have to wait for the buildfarm to check some preliminary patch, I still
> have to afterwards work on pushing it to master.  And very likely my
> local check would finish a lot faster than a bunch of buildfarm animals
> - I have after all a plenty powerfull machine, lots of cores, fast ssd,
> lots of memory, ...
>
> So I really want faster end-to-end test, not less cpu time spent on my
> own machine.

Yeah.  I think the buildfarm-for-test-commits or maybe
buildfarm-for-approved-branches-belonging-to-people-we-basically-trust
idea isn't a bad one, but it's not a substitute for $SUBJECT.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company