Re: embedded list v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: embedded list v2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Here's a prettified version of this stuff.  I found one bug in the macro
> ilist_s_head: the test was reversed.  Also, curiously, the macro had the
> same name as the struct, so I renamed the macro.  I take it you haven't
> used this macro, so maybe it shouldn't be there at all?  Or maybe I
> completely misread what the macro is supposed to do.
>
> I also renamed all the structs and functions by changing ilist_s_foo to
> Slist_foo.  Similarly for ilist_d_foo.  This is all mechanical so any
> subsequent patch should be trivial to refresh for this change.

I think this is a good direction, but why not just slist_foo and
dlist_foo?  I don't see much value in capitalizing the first letter.
It's not like it's the beginning of a word or anything.  Plus, that
way the new stuff will be more obviously different from Dllist, which
it will (I think) replace.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company