Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 10:21 PM Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> By far the majority of anti-wraparound vacuums are triggered by tables
> that are very large and so don't trigger regular vacuums for "long
> periods" of time and consistently hit the anti-wraparound threshold
> first.

That's interesting, because my experience is different. Most of the
time when I get asked to look at a system, it turns out that there is
a prepared transaction or a forgotten replication slot and nobody
noticed until the system hit the wraparound threshold. Or occasionally
a long-running transaction or a failing/stuck vacuum that has the same
effect.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com