Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 5:31 PM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> It would be nice if there was a place accessed once every few seconds or
> so..

I think this comment earlier from Andres deserves close attention:

# If we went with something like tht approach, I think we'd have to do something
# like redirecting node->ExecProcNode to a wrapper, presumably from within a
# CFI. That wrapper could then implement the explain support, without slowing
# down the normal execution path.

If this is correctly implemented, the overhead in the case where the
feature isn't used should be essentially zero, I believe.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com