Re: pg_basebackup creates a corrupt file for pg_stat_tmp and pg_replslot on a backup location - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pg_basebackup creates a corrupt file for pg_stat_tmp and pg_replslot on a backup location
Date
Re: pg_basebackup creates a corrupt file for pg_stat_tmp and pg_replslot on a backup location  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2016-04-14 13:43:34 +0530, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
>> I tried performing pg_basebackup after creating a symbolic link for
>> pg_replslot, pg_stat_tmp, pg_log and pg_clog in the source directory
>
> That's not supported, and I strongly suspect that you're goint to hit
> more than just this issue.  The only directory you're allowed to symlink
> away is pg_xlog.

I think various tools might choke on such a configuration, but I'm not
entirely sure why we haven't made them all work.  Is there some more
fundamental problem?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company