Re: function execute on v.9.2 slow down - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: function execute on v.9.2 slow down
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Александр Белинский <avinfo79@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I can't explain why function is slow down on same data.
> Postgresql.conf the same, hardware is more powerful.
> Diffrents is postgresql version

Hmm.  PostgreSQL 9.2 will sometimes replan queries a number of times
where older releases, looking to see whether the choice of bind
variables affects the optimal plan choice, where older versions would
create a generic plan on first execution and use it forever.  I'm not
sure whether that behavior applies in this situation, though.  If you
run it say 15 times does it eventually start running faster?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company