Re: walsender doesn't send keepalives when writes are pending - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: walsender doesn't send keepalives when writes are pending
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I am not sure I can follow. Why doesn't it make sense to send out the
> keepalive (with replyRequested = true) when we're busy sending stuff
> (which will be the case most of the time on a busy server)?

It may very well make sense, but your patch won't generally have that
effect, because with the patch you proposed, the keep-alive can only
be sent when the server is busy if the write queue is also full.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company