Re: Testing DDL deparsing support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Testing DDL deparsing support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> This causes creation DDL is checked if it is used in the regression
> database, but what about ALTER and DROP?  pg_dump doesn't issue those,
> except in special cases like inheritance.

The proposed testing mechanism should cover any ALTER commands that
are in the regression tests provided that those objects are not
subsequently dropped -- because if the ALTER commands aren't replayed
properly, then the later pg_dump won't produce the same output.

There probably are some gaps in our current regression tests in this
area, but that's probably a good thing to fix regardless of this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company