Re: BUG #6389: Fsync failed while creating DB - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #6389: Fsync failed while creating DB
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM,  <anjali_524@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Thanks for the solution. CIFS worked with fsync flag by ingnoring EINVAL in
> copydir.c.
>
> I tested fsync with 8.2.2 version of PostgreSQL, it worked fine without
> EINVAL patch. I wanted to know is something changed in version 9.0.4 of
> postgreSQL.
>
> As fsync flag was not working with PostgreSQL version 9.0.4 without applying
> the patch.

Sure, lots of stuff has changed since REL8_2_2 - that release is
almost 5 years old.  I'm not sure it's really important to drill down
and find out exactly which change introduced this problem, but you
could start by trying 8.2.23, 8.3.x, 8.4.x, etc. if you want to try to
figure it out.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company