Re: [External] RE: Estimate time without running the query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neto pr
Subject Re: [External] RE: Estimate time without running the query
Date
List pgsql-general

Em qui, 13 de set de 2018 às 18:49, Vijaykumar Jain <vjain@opentable.com> escreveu:

explain analyze would *run* the query and it can be dangerous if it is a DML statement like insert/update/delete 😊

If you still want to go with explain analyze,

You can do

begin;

explain analyze <my query>;

rollback;

Dear all,

The problem is that using the explain analyze <query> I have to wait for the query to execute.
I would like to estimate the time without having to wait for the query execution.
Does anyone know how to estimate the time without waiting for the query to be executed?

Best regards
Neto

thanks,

Vijay