Re: GSoC 2018: thrift encoding format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Charles Cui
Subject Re: GSoC 2018: thrift encoding format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for your confirm Aleksander!
Also I am thinking of how to deal with complex
data structure like map, list, or set. I guess one possible
solution is to get raw data bytes for these data structure?
Otherwise it could be hard to wrap into a Datum.

Hello Charles,

> Can I assume the data in thrift is always send inside a struct?

Sure!

> I think this question also valid for protobuf?

Right, pg_protobuf assumes that data is always a message which is an
equivalent of Thrift's struct.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev