Does anyone know of any issues around ARRAY UNNEST - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Belinda Cussen
Subject Does anyone know of any issues around ARRAY UNNEST
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi there,
We're having segmentation faults on our postgres 9.1.1 db. It seems to happen when we use ARRAY unnesting eg:

 UPDATE activity SET activity_recency_timestamp = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP WHERE venue_id IN (SELECT venue_id FROM UNNEST(v_venue_id_list) venue_id);

We are working on a getting a core dump but I was just wondering if there are any known issues around this construct - especially the aliasing?
Alternatively could there be an issue trying to write or access tmp files?

FYI:
v_venue_id_list is an array passed in to the procedure containing 100,000 INTEGER elements
? IS THIS TOO MANY ELEMENTS TO PASS?

table activity has around 3,000,000 rows
CREATE TABLE activity
(
  activity_id serial NOT NULL,
  activity_type_key integer NOT NULL,
  media_type_key integer NOT NULL,
  activity_source_key integer NOT NULL,
  venue_id integer NOT NULL,
  poster_id integer NOT NULL,
  event_id integer,
  activity_source_id_value text NOT NULL,
  uri text,
  media_uri text,
  activity_comment text,
  posted_dttm timestamp with time zone,
  photo_format_code character varying(10),
  video_format_code character varying(10),
  public_yn character varying(1),
  content_reported_yn character varying(1),
  last_scored_tstamp timestamp with time zone,
  record_expiry_tstamp timestamp with time zone,
  record_created_tstamp timestamp with time zone DEFAULT now(),
  record_last_updated_tstamp timestamp with time zone DEFAULT now(),
  initial_broadcast_to_text text,
  image_id integer,
  large_media_uri text,
  CONSTRAINT activity_pkey PRIMARY KEY (activity_id ),
  CONSTRAINT activity_activity_source_key_activity_source_id_value_key UNIQUE (activity_source_key , activity_source_id_value )
);

CREATE INDEX activity_poster_ie
  ON activity  (poster_id );

CREATE INDEX activity_venue_ie
  ON activity  (venue_id );

--
Servian LogoBelinda Cussen |  Servian Pty Ltd | m: 0466 309 169 | t: 02 9376 0700 | f: 02 9376 0730