log_statement vs log_min_duration_statement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Atul Kumar
Subject log_statement vs log_min_duration_statement
Date
Re: log_statement vs log_min_duration_statement  (Maciek Sakrejda <m.sakrejda@gmail.com>)
Re: log_statement vs log_min_duration_statement  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Re: log_statement vs log_min_duration_statement  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a query about parameters  and log_statement

my postgres version is 12 and running on centos 7

my log_statement is set to "DDL".

and log_min_duration_statement is set to "1ms"

so technically it should log "ONLY DDLs" that take more than 1ms.

but to my surprise, postgres is logging DML as well which is taking more than 1ms.

What am I missing here to understand, because as per my understanding log_statement and log_min_duration_statement are correlated, postgres should log according to log_statement parameter.

Please advise me on this behavior.

Regards,
Atul