Re: pgadmin4 running behind nginx - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgadmin4 running behind nginx
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 2:30 PM, rhuddbiz <rhuddbiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't think knowing nginx is the key to this.  it's more of a general
> question for any proxy setup that uses python to run pgadmin4.  we are
> launching pgadmin4 on localhost:5050, with a systemd file containing
> /usr/bin/python3.5
> /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.py
>
> is there a magical incantation to get a param or env variable to python to
> get the  Flask framework to put a path in front of the root pgadmin app ?
> right now, the pgadmin4 app is available at http://localhost:5050, need it
> to be at http://localhost:5050/pgadmin/ .  whatever solution is found will
> be relevant to all non-apache proxy servers, so getting it out on the
> mailing list / internet would be helpful :)
>
> i guess another path would be to setup a uwsgi  server in the systemd file,
> and use ngx_http_uwsgi_module for proxying.  but that won't be a generic
> solution for other proxy servers.

If it won't figure it out automatically as it does with Apache, you
could try forcing it by adding:

APPLICATION_ROOT='/foo/bar/whizz'

to your config_local.py (create one alongside config.py if needed).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company