Re: Help on installing pgadmin4 from rpm - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Help on installing pgadmin4 from rpm
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 2:56 PM Prasanth M Sasidharan <prasha.ms@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Appreciate the reply. I downloaded the python package from https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.8/Python-3.6.8.tgz and compiled it.

However, it's still throwing the same error . Would appreciate if you could point me to the right direction

Sure. Install the Python 3 package from CentOS/Redhat (as appropriate for whatever your OS is). The pgAdmin RPM is complaining because you don't have the python3 RPM installed.

Using a from-source installation of Python isn't supported by the RPMs. If you really want to use a from-source installation, you'll have to build pgAdmin yourself, manually. Which is a lot of work, and quite complex.

image.png