Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to provide custom SSL certificatesand provide .pgpass file - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to provide custom SSL certificatesand provide .pgpass file
Date
In response to [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to provide custom SSL certificates andprovide .pgpass file  (Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com>)
Responses Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to provide custom SSL certificatesand provide .pgpass file  (Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

PFA patch to allow user to provide custom path for SSL certificates and also allow user to pass .pgpass file when making server connection.
RM#2649
RM#2650

SSL certificates options reference:

.pgpass file reference:

Nice! A few comments:

- Should we enable the certificate options for "Prefer" mode? What did we do in pgAdmin 3?

- We need a doc update :-). Please include updates to all the screenshots on the relevant page, to ensure they all show the right tabs.

- I think the file browser needs an option to view hidden files/folders. Typically a pgpass file is at ~/.pgpass on *nix systems, and certificates are likely to be stored in ~/.ssh.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com