Re: pgAdmin v3.1 candidate builds and source... - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin v3.1 candidate builds and source...
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:28 PM, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Dave Page 2018-06-26 <CA+OCxow1BDDXK9K1d-pnSAoBE5O=+RD6QNxA5ynH-X+-rPN7jA@mail.gmail.com>
> ... can be found at https://developer.pgadmin.org/builds/2018-06-26-3.1/
> and dpage/pgadmin4:2018-06-26-3.1 on Docker Hub.
>
> Fahar; please verify for release on Thursday.
>
> Note that these are the first builds from the new fully automated build
> system, and both the Windows and Mac versions now use Python 3, so please
> be sure to test with extra care!

Hmm, ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sshtunnel'

Could you perhaps announce new versions that need new python modules a
bit earlier, so we have time to package them?

Good point. Not entirely sure how the mechanics of that would work, given that we're trying to shorten release cycles down to a couple of weeks (ideally).

That said, for all other builds we're giving up trying to maintain Python packages. Instead, we're going to be shipping a pre-built Python venv as part of the package, built using Python 3.6. Whilst it's not perfect from a "following the packaging rules" perspective, in other cases we're having to install modules privately for pgAdmin anyway to avoid conflicts with older, vendor supplied versions, so it's really just a different evil rather than a new one.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company