Re: 9.2 release notes, beta time? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: 9.2 release notes, beta time?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I had hoped to complete the release notes by March 30, but travel and
>> catching up on old stuff has delayed that.  I will start working on them
>> now and have them ready before we start beta.  If that is a problem,
>> please let me know.
>
> Well, we aren't ready for beta today anyway, AFAICT.
>
> Would it be reasonable to shoot for wrapping 9.2beta1 next week?
> (That would mean a wrap on Thursday May 3, if we follow the usual
> type of release schedule.)

I doubt we'll be able to produce installers that soon - first, we're
still building the build VMs for 9.2, and second, right now we're
having to update every existing build VM and then the 8.3 through 9.1
installers (which will require more QA than normal because of the
changes) due to the recent OpenSSL bug.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com