Re: pgAdmin IV API test cases patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin IV API test cases patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:14 AM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Priyanka Shendge
> <priyanka.shendge@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 11 July 2016 at 18:35, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

>>> There's nothing wrong with that query. Can you work with Khushboo to
>>> see if she can reproduce or help figure it out please?
>>

>> I had work with Khushboo, she also tried to reproduce the issue at her
>> it's working fine for her.
>> Khushboo also tried to troubleshoot/trace the issue but not able to figure
>> out where exactly its failing;
>> as issue was not reproducible.
>>
>> @Khushboo:
>>  Please add if i am missing anything.
>>>

> We have tried to reproduce this issue at our end several times with the
> different scenarios but every attempt was unsuccessful.
>
> Here the newly created database connection is failing which should not as
> the database is created properly as per the log.
> The above query (mentioned by Priyanka) executes from the psycopg2 driver
> and could fail in 2 scenarios, either the database has been dropped before
> this particular test-case runs or the database is not created properly
> through the 'create database test-case'.  But as per the log, the 'delete
> database test-case' runs after this test-case and the database is created
> properly.
>
> Can any privilege issue prevent the database connection in this scenario?

Not on my system, that I can think of.

If there was a connection error like that though, shouldn't we see a
message from libpq at least? If not, that implies that there are error
reporting issues to be fixed.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com