Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To fix issues in Boolean editor
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
HI

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch with custom tristate boolean editor for SlickGrid to make it compatible with Qt runtime.
I have tested it web mode & also modified the feature test accordingly.

Also thanks to Neel for testing the patch with latest runtime code.

Cool - so a few thoughts...

- Can we make the null symbol a question mark?

- I think the feature tests should be enhanced to ensure we verify the clickthrough sequence of the new control. I don't think we need a new test - maybe just an enhancement to the existing editor test?

- With a table of the definition shown below, if I add a row with a default value for the ID, and false, true, null and hit save, then immediately (without refreshing) try to change the first boolean value to true and hit save, then I get the following error:

UPDATE public.bools SET
b1 = %(b1)s::boolean WHERE
;
2017-11-21 10:34:57,378: ERROR pgadmin:
Failed to execute query (execute_void) for the server #1 - DB:postgres
(Query-id: 4249364):
Error Message:ERROR:  syntax error at or near ";"
LINE 3: ;

Table:

CREATE TABLE public.bools
(
    id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('bools_id_seq'::regclass),
    b1 boolean,
    b2 boolean,
    b3 boolean,
    CONSTRAINT bools_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)