Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][patch][FileManager]: RM-2110 -Invalid path error displayed - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][patch][FileManager]: RM-2110 -Invalid path error displayed
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Neel Patel
<neel.patel@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find attached patch file for the fix of RM#2110.
>
> When user try to save the file through fileManager then it gives error
> saying "Invalid Path" while getting folder details from python server. This
> issue is only reproducible with desktop runtime application with windows OS.
>
> I have tested with windows, Mac - web and desktop mode.
> Do review it and let us know for comments.

I can still reproduce this, on Mac, running in Desktop mode (but in a
browser). The problem I see is not that it's failing to set the root
directory properly (as you've fixed in the patch), but that it's
trying to navigate to a previously-saved directory that no longer
exists - in my case, /Users/dpage/foo. Per the bug report, it should
travel back up the tree and navigate to the first directory in the
path that does still exist (so in my case, it would go to
/Users/dpage).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com