Re: [HACKERS] Monitoring roles patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Monitoring roles patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>>
>> I did specifically ask for explicit roles to be made to enable such
>> capability and that the pg_monitor role be GRANT'd those roles instead
>> of hacking the pg_monitor OID into those checks, but it seems like
>> that's not been done yet.
>
> Yeah, sorry - I missed that for pg_stat_activity. I'll update the patch.

Updated patch attached. This changes pg_read_all_gucs to
pg_read_all_settings, and adds pg_read_all_stats which it grants to
pg_monitor. pg_read_all_stats has full access to the pg_stat_ views
(as pg_monitor did previously), and is used in the various contrib
modules in place of pg_monitor.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page