More sepgsql weirdness - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject More sepgsql weirdness
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On a system with selinux and sepgsql configured, search path resolution appears to fail if sepgsql is in enforcing mode, but selinux is in permissive mode (which, as I understand it, should cause sepgsql to behave as if it's in permissive mode anyway - and does for other operations). Regardless of whether my understanding of the interaction of the two permissive modes is correct, I don't believe the following should happen:

mls=# SELECT current_user;

 current_user

--------------

 postgres

(1 row)

mls=# SHOW search_path;

   search_path

-----------------

 "$user", public

(1 row)

mls=# \dn+ public

                          List of schemas

  Name  |  Owner   |  Access privileges   |      Description

--------+----------+----------------------+------------------------

 public | postgres | postgres=UC/postgres+| standard public schema

        |          | =UC/postgres         |

(1 row)

mls=# CREATE TABLE tb_users(uid int primary key, name text, mail text, address text, salt text, phash text);

ERROR:  no schema has been selected to create in

LINE 1: CREATE TABLE tb_users(uid int primary key, name text, mail t...

                     ^

mls=# CREATE TABLE public.tb_users(uid int primary key, name text, mail text, address text, salt text, phash text);

CREATE TABLE

mls=# drop table tb_users;

ERROR:  table "tb_users" does not exist

mls=# drop table public.tb_users;