Re: Fixed issue "Error Message is displayed when the Package is Clicked" - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Fixed issue "Error Message is displayed when the Package is Clicked"
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Reason for the error:
>
> REL-9_1_STABLE branch (PostgreSQL repository):
>
> commit 303696c3b47e6719e983e93da5896ddc4a2e0dbb
> Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Date:   Fri Sep 3 01:34:55 2010 +0000
>
>     Install a data-type-based solution for protecting pg_get_expr().
>
>     Since the code underlying pg_get_expr() is not secure against malformed
>     input, and can't practically be made so, we need to prevent miscreants
>     from feeding arbitrary data to it.  We can do this securely by declaring
>     pg_get_expr() to take a new datatype "pg_node_tree" and declaring the
>     system catalog columns that hold nodeToString output to be of that type.
>     There is no way at SQL level to create a non-null value of type
> pg_node_tree.
>     Since the backend-internal operations that fill those catalog columns
>     operate below the SQL level, they are oblivious to the datatype
> relabeling
>     and don't need any changes.

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that. Surely that wasn't back ported to
9.0 though? Akshay said he sees the issue there as well (which I
don't).
Certainly not in PostgreSQL 9.0.
I can't find those changes in PPAS.

  Sorry my mistake, When I run pgadmin3 PPAS9.0 is down and 9.1 is running on port 5444. When I add the server by mistake give port to 5444 which is of PPAS 9.1. So bug is not reproducible on PPAS 9.0

OK, so the next step is to figure out where that query is created in the source, and figure out how to fix it for 9.1. I assume/hope we can just cast the string to the new type.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company