Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3204 Notify/Listen not working inversion 2.1 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3204 Notify/Listen not working inversion 2.1
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 7:07 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

As per suggestion by Dave, I have modified the logic and now notifications are popped up in alertify dialog(refer Notify_Messages.png) as and when received on that session where "LISTEN" is executed. Attached is the modified patch, please review it.

To test this feature following steps need to perform:
  • Apply the patch.
  • Run pgAdmin4
  • Connect to any database server and open query tool.
  • Execute 'LISTEN foo;' command.
  • Open another query tool window and execute 'NOTIFY foo'. (This is without payload).
  • Execute 'select pg_notify('foo', 'Hello')' query (with payload).
  • Go to the query tool window from where 'LISTEN' was executed and run any other query.
I think there was a small misunderstanding here - I was suggesting that each notification be displayed in an Alertify notification, e.g. using alertify.message('A notification of FOO was received with payload '1234'...')