Re: Patch for pgAdmin4 package on Mac OS X - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Patch for pgAdmin4 package on Mac OS X
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Sure. Thanks.

There is a typo in pkg/mac/build.sh. i.e

s/HTML_HELP/HELP_PATH/

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Not entirely - we definitely need to improve it. I'll review the code as it is now though.

OK, review time :-)

- The appbundle name should be created from APP_NAME.app in config.py, e.g. 'pgAdmin 4.app'

- The DMG name should be created from to_lower(remove_spaces(APP_NAME-APP_VERSION)) in config.py, e.g. pgadmin4-1.0-dev.dmg

- Use #ifdef Q_OS_MAC in the QT code for Mac-specific code. There's no need to define another macro.

- Please add "MINIFY_HTML = False" to config_local.py (and have Paresh do the same on his packages). This works around a code issue with the docs that I'll log a bug for.

- In testing, I found that running the app from within the DMG doesn't seem to work the first time - it prompts for the path, then exits. Once I save the path it offers, it's fine on subsequent runs.

- Once copied to my laptop, I saw the same issue as above.

Once these issues are resolved, I think we're good to commit.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com