Re: [pgAdmin][RM-6143]: Shared server entries not getting deleted. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin][RM-6143]: Shared server entries not getting deleted.
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 7:51 AM Nikhil Mohite <nikhil.mohite@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave/ Team,

As per the suggestions I have created a sample UI for change ownership of shared servers before deleting the user(only for admin user).
shared_server_change_ownsership.png
The user list will contain all admin users. (This alert will get display if the admin user has created any shared servers.)

The UI is fine, but the wording needs work. A couple of general hints: An entire sense would never be in parentheses, and there should always be a space following a full stop.

"Select the user that will take ownership of the shared servers created by <user name>. <num servers> shared servers are currently owned by this user."

"Note: If no user is selected, the shared servers will be deleted."

I'd also suggest that if the user does not select a new owner, a message box should ask for confirmation before continuing:

"The shared servers owned by <user name> will be deleted. Do you wish to continue?".

Any suggestions or if I missed anything please let me know.

Regards,
Nikhil Mohite