Re: [patch][pgAdmin4] Windows error - The application server couldnot be contacted occasionally - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [patch][pgAdmin4] Windows error - The application server couldnot be contacted occasionally
Date
In response to [patch][pgAdmin4] Windows error - The application server could not becontacted occasionally  (Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Thanks, applied.

On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 10:24 AM Aditya Toshniwal
<aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> Some of the windows users are facing the error as "The application server could not be contacted" while starting
pgAdmin4.The startup logs had nothing. Just that the application timed out.

> I was able to simulate the issue for sometime when I started my windows machine, but later it did not throw any error
andworked fine.

> It turned out that due to the slowness of the Windows OS initially the application took time to setup which was
longerthan the app start timeout - 30secs and so, timed out.

> In the attached patch, I have increased the timeout to 90secs (difficult to figure out the standard timeout). Plus, I
havechanged the messages at intervals when the app is starting so that it does not look stuck.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company