Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for runningregression tests against Firefox - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for runningregression tests against Firefox
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

I have added support for running feature tests against FireFox. For that user will have to download gecko driver from https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases and follow the below steps:
  • Extract the gecko driver.
  • Run chmod +x geckodriver.
  • Either copy the geckodriver to /usr/local/bin or the path of the geckodriver must be specified in PATH.
  • Apply the attached patch.
  • Change the parameter "DEFAULT_TEST_BROWSER = 'Firefox' "
  • Start the feature test.
The config option needs to be in test_config.json. We don't really want test-specific config options in config.py (arguably, TEST_SQLITE_PATH shoudn't be there either, as it's useless for end users).

I'm surprised to not see any updates to tests. When I tried firefox manually a few weeks back, it was failing at lot.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company