Re: Fixed RM #1356 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Fixed RM #1356
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2016 20:53, "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Akshay Joshi
>> <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Dave

>>>    I have tried to fix the issue, but unable to figure out any way to do
>>> it .  I have tried following options
>>> Same issue found here https://github.com/wyuenho/backgrid/issues/126
>>> Which will be fixed https://github.com/wyuenho/backgrid/pull/444. I have
>>> copied the backgrid.js and backgrid.css from "perf" branch replace it in our
>>> code, but faced so many error's and warning, fixed those but some how data
>>> is not rendered.
>>
>> Hmm, that's so old I'm not holding my breath about it being included in a
>> hurry.
>>

>>> Another approach is instead of adding all the records to the backbone
>>> collection at once, I have added them in chunk of 500 records at a time and
>>> sleep for 500ms, in this case busy spinner won't run for a longer time as
>>> first 500 records gets rendered, but browser again goes into unresponsive
>>> state as CPU goes up to 98-99%.
>>
>> Urgh. I wonder if we need a different grid control for this, something
>> like SlickGrid which is extremely fast with large data sets.
>>
>> https://github.com/6pac/SlickGrid
> That's what I was researching about.
> But - we need to research on adding row, copy rows, etc.

The examples (http://mleibman.github.io/SlickGrid/examples/) certainly
look promising - it can add/edit rows, copy/paste arbitrary selections
etc. It can even display graphs in cells, or use templates for
rendering them.

There are also a couple of shims to backbone out there, though I'm not
sure if that would just slow things down again.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company