Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM1592 - Download as CSV should be supported for DDL - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM1592 - Download as CSV should be supported for DDL
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please find attached patch with fix.
>>
>> Download as CSV
>>  button should be enabled only for SELECT queries.

I'm not sure there's a way to do this without parsing the query.
Simply matching on ^select certainly won't work reliably - for
example, there could be multiple statements in the script, or it could
be PERFORM ...  or UPDATE ... RETURNING ...

I think we need to leave the button enabled, but give the user a
message if no data is returned, e.g.

=======
Download as CSV

The query executed did not return any data.

[OK]
========

--
Dave Page