Re: pgAdmin4 won't start after OS upgrade - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin4 won't start after OS upgrade
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 1:11 PM Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> wrote:
On 02/09/2020 08:50, Dave Page wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 5:28 PM Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie
> <mailto:ray@rodonnell.ie>> wrote:

<snip>

>     One thing caught my eye: the Python path in the above output includes
>     both Python 3.5 and 3.7 stuff... Any thoughts?
>

> Hmm, yeah - looks like you may have a Python installation in
> /home/rod/.local/lib/python3.5 that got into the path?
>
> Try temporarily moving it out of the way and see if that helps. Also,
> check in ~/.config/pgadmin/pgadmin4.conf to see if there's a PythonPath
> key that's confusing things.

That sorted it! I renamed /home/rod/.local/lib/python3.5, and pgAdmin
was then able to start.

\o/

I looked into  ~/.config/pgadmin/pgadmin4.conf as you suggested, and
there is indeed a PythonPath line:

PythonPath="/home/rod/.local/lib/python3.5;/home/rod/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages"

Can I safely delete this line?

Yes.

I think the Python 3.5 installation is cruft from historical
installations of pgAdmin4, before the deb packages became available...
I'll leave it there for the moment, and if nothing else breaks I'll
eventually delete it.

Thanks a million for your help!

You're welcome.

--