Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #2781 - New option to set the quotationmark for copying to clipboard. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #2781 - New option to set the quotationmark for copying to clipboard.
Date
In response to Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #2781 - New option to set the quotationmark for copying to clipboard.  (Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Thanks, applied.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the attached updated patch.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the attached patch for RM #2781 : New option to set the quotation mark for copying to clipboard.

This patch includes:

- Provide options in preferences to control the CSV output which includes copy to clipboard and download as CSV features in Query Tool
- Modified related jasmine tests
- Modified related feature tests

Thanks. At first glance, I see a few issues with this patch:

- I can type into the combo boxes in the preferences, but only to search. That means (for example) that the only quote character I can use is ". I can't use anything else as a might want. The same applies to the field separator.

Provided provision to add user defined field separator and quote character.

- I can click the x to clear the options in the combo boxes, but then the settings can be accepted and stored. For the separator and quote char, I assume they just become blank, however the quoting method makes no sense to be unspecified.

Fixed. User can not clear the combo-boxes.

- There don't seem to be any documentation updates.
The documents of SQL Editor and Preferences are updated.

- The CSV Quoting options appear to apply to copying from the grid, but they should apply to saving results as CSV.

- The Result Copy quoting options (which should apply to copied data) are missing altogether.

To be clear, there should be 6 new config options, 3 of which apply to data when copied from the grid, and the other 3 which apply when saving data as CSV. Please see the original RM case in which I detailed what the settings should be and what they should do.

Provided 2 set of options (one set consists of 3 options);  one for CSV output and another for Results grid.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com