Re: HTML/PDF Build Errors - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: HTML/PDF Build Errors
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 2:49 PM Sarah Conway Schnurr
<xenophenes42@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like the tablespace_dialog.rst was a processing/environmental error on my end. Please disregard.
>
> However, there's another error I forgot to mention previously that is reproducible in the community packages from Git
forboth 3.2, 3.6, and HEAD, on a clean install:

> Running Sphinx v1.1.3
>
> Theme error:
> no theme named 'classic' found (missing theme.conf?)
> make[1]: *** [html] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sarah/websites/pgadmin4/docs/en_US'
> make: *** [docs] Error 2
>
> Removing that line fixes the error, but as before, not ideal:

Is your Sphinx an RPM installation? If so, they may have split that
theme out into a different package. We always install using PIP, which
works fine in every case I know of.

> sed -i "/html_theme = 'classic'/d" docs/en_US/conf.py
>
> The PDF errors as mentioned previously in detail are additionally reproducible in the community packages from Git for
3.2,3.6, and HEAD.

> ! Use of \@icentercr doesn't match its definition.

Yeah, I see that as well. There's something in the doc source that is
getting converted into invalid TEX I think. I have no idea what
though, as I haven't really used TEX directly in 20+ years. It seems
like a Sphinx bug, in that it's quite happy with the input for other
formats, but barfs on anything that uses TEX.

Do you know anyone that is familiar with TEX that might be able to
help? Maybe Joe?

(https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin4.git;a=history;f=docs/en_US/managing_cluster_objects.rst;h=a0d520ec187811f0c2bb3b28d8f196011730caee;hb=f62d35bf3c92a643c7d7f07b89df7ddff56bbf93)

>> Is it present in your copy of managing_cluster_objects.rst?
>>
>> How did you get your source code BTW? Please test with 3.6 or git head
>> - 3.2 is obsolete now.
>>
>> > Adding it to ignore_patterns in conf.py results in:
>> >
>> > Exception occurred:
>> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sphinx/builders/html.py", line 407, in get_doc_context
>> >     display_toc = (self.env.toc_num_entries[docname] > 1),
>> > KeyError: 'tablespace_dialog'
>> >
>> > Deleting the file in question - tablespace_dialog.rst - (obviously not the ideal solution) resolves the error and
allowsthe files to be built as expected.