Re: BUG #7781: pgagent incorrect installation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: BUG #7781: pgagent incorrect installation
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Aleksander Shniperson
<alex.shniperson@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is no install-pgagent.log file.
> Anyway i try to "sudo find" no result.
>
> 07.01.2013, =D0=B2 9:19, Sandeep Thakkar =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=
=D0=B0=D0=BB(=D0=B0):

> The ini file clearly says that the pgAgent has been installed in
> /Library/pgAgent. Can you please share install-pgagent.log from your syst=
em
> temp (/tmp)?
>
>> [pgAgent]
>> Description=3DpgAgent is a job scheduler for PostgreSQL which may be man=
aged
>> using pgAdmin.
>> InstallationDirectory=3D/Library/pgAgent
>> PGDATABASE=3Dpostgres
>> PGHOST=3Dlocalhost
>> PGPORT=3D5432
>> PGUSER=3Dpostgres
>> ServiceManager=3Dpostgres
>> UpgradeMode=3D0
>> Version=3D3.2.1-1

Sandeep is correct - it looks very much like the original installation
has been manually, but partially removed. I would remove the pgAgent
section from /etc/postgres-reg.ini, and try installing 3.3.0 again.
That will make the installer run in installation mode instead of
upgrade mode.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com