Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1242 - Cleanup busy indication for tree view and tab panes - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1242 - Cleanup busy indication for tree view and tab panes
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Following are the changes in patch:
>
> 1) Assign a common class 'pg_spinner' for loading spinner in wcDocker for
> all panels.
> 2) Removed the default wcDocker spinner icon which was specific to page
> load.
> 3) In case of collection node, we were re-creating the grid every time new
> data comes. instead it should only reset the collection with new data.
> 4) Move the code to hide the msgContainer and display grid outside the ajax
> which was causing flicker into the dependent panel.
> 5) Set the timeout for hiding the spinner to 500 inside the success callback
> to stop flicker because response is received immediately and cause flicker.
>
> Not Fixed:
> Panes should have their content refreshed until and unless the new data
> differs from the previous, to reduce flicker.
> I am working on this issue.
>
> Please review the patch.

I think this is an improvement, but not yet ready. For example:

- The treeview shows spinners on the junctions of the branches, and a
bigger one in the middle of the pane, simultaneously. I think the
bigger one should be removed.

- The spinners for the Query Tool and Debugger are inconsistent and
poorly laid out:
  - Different spinner icons (FYI, I prefer the one used in the
debugger - can we use that everywhere?)
  - Text not centered
  - Background greyed in the Query Tool, but not the Debugger

Additionally, I've logged another issue
(https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1400) which you may want to
take care of at the same time as this.

Thanks!