Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Last few steps for pgadmin4 on RHEL 6 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Last few steps for pgadmin4 on RHEL 6
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Fri, 2017-03-17 at 08:57 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> > However, I am not too excited about the current situation in the repo, as I
>> > updated some RHEL 6 packages (like -crypto, etc), which may mean breakage
>> > some servers. I'll think about that for a while.
>>
>> Oh, urgh. Can we create private versions of them? That's what we had
>> to do with ICU for EPAS in EDB; we have an edb-icu package which uses
>> the specific version we required.
>
> We *can*, but not sure it will work. Eventually it will overwrite to the same
> files (say, -crypto), and RPM will complain about conflicting packages -- or
> let me ask it the other way: Any chance to tell pgadmin4 to look at to "other"
> -crypto package content (say, pgadmin4-python-crypto) , instead of the OS
> supplied one?

Oh, it was python-crypto? I was thinking you meant libcrypto.

Hmm. That might be tricky. It might work if you just install it into
the web/ directory.

Is the default version actually too old? It's quite possible it will
work, but we just haven't tested back that far. The version numbers in
requirements.txt are really just what we know works, rather than what
actually will in many cases.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com