Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to Comment/Uncomment code in query editor - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to Comment/Uncomment code in query editor
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

PFA patch which will add functionality to allow user to comment/uncomment code in query editor.
RM#2456

This is cool, but I'm not sure it's right as-is:

* I prefer SQL style commenting, e.g.

-- This is a comment

Should we make that a config option if CodeMirror can do it? Or a different hotkey?

* You've added it as an option to the Clear XXX dropdown, which really isn't the right place in my opinion. Should we add a new drop down for this, and include some/all of the other Editing options on there? E.g. tab/shift-tab.

* I think the docs should say Ctrl+Shift+/ rather than Shift+Ctrl+/, and be ordered in the table to reflect that. It seems more natural to me.

Thoughts?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com