Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Linreg <linreg@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2013, 11:11:21 schrieb Neel Patel:
>
>> Hi,
>

>> Below are the review comments. Compile and tested in Linux.
>

>> 1) During compilation we got the following error in "connection.h"
>

>> error: pgsql/libpq-fe.h: No such file or directory
>

>> To solve the above error we changed "#include <libpg-fe.h>" instead of
>
>> "#include <pgsql/libpq-fe.h>" and it is working fine. Correct me if it is
>
>> some configuration issue.
>

>> 2) We are getting the below warning in unix.cpp file which needs to fix.
>

>> warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'.
>

>> 3) Some of the code is commented and not used so remove the unnecessary
>
>> code.
>

>> 4) README file should be modified according to new changes.
>

>> 5) In Execute() method in Job.cpp file, we should have to delete "steps"
>
>> from wherever we are returning otherwise it will create the memory leak.
>

>> Thanks,
>
>> Neel Patel
>

> 1.)
>
> it is system dependent. On my SUSE system pibpg-header to be installed under
> the pgsql directory.
>
> Example: /usr/include/pgsql/libpq-fe.h

What did the previous code do? That worked. Typically we would not
expect to see a pgsql/ prefix on a header, but would ensure the
compiler is passed the include directory with that directory in it.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company