Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Translations Fix #1 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Translations Fix #1
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Jonas Thelemann
<e-mail@jonas-thelemann.de> wrote:
> Hello pgAdmin hackers,
>
> this is my first suggestion for some translation improvements. It adds a
> space in front of all occurences of three dots at the end of a string which
> seems to be the correct language style. Initially I hoped that this would
> remove doubled strings like "Database" and "Database...", but it didn't.
> Either way, here is my patch dot.diff.

I'm not clear why you believe this to be the correct formatting? As
far as I'm aware in English there wouldn't normally be a space - and
looking at Google Chrome, PyCharms and various Microsoft and Apple
apps, none of them seem to have a space before the '...'.

> There are going to be some other fixes that'll improve the application's
> messages.

Cool. You might want to discuss any non-trivial fixes here first
before doing lots of work, just to make sure we're all in agreement
before you spend significant amounts of time on anything.

Thanks, Dave.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com