Docs on the website - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Docs on the website
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
I've updated the docs build on the pgAdmin website. Previously we had
a link the the 'dev' docs (on the master GIT branch), as well as one
on each of the branches. The latest branch of course was master, so
the latest version link was really always the same as the dev link.

Now the numbered doc versions are based on the release tags in the repo, so:

1.6 points to REL-1_6
2.1 points to REL-2_1
3.6 points to REL-3_6

dev continues to point to the head of the master branch.

The latest major version link (4.x) is a special case. I've setup a
script that runs every 30 minutes that grabs the versions.json file we
use for the update notification. It extracts the major and minor
version number, and then attempts to checkout that branch in the
appropriate place.

This means we should only need to manually update that part of the
site when we increase the major version (and the script will email me
if that seems to be the case, and we forgot).

The upshot of this, is that the docs on the website now properly match
the released versions.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com