Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch
Date
Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch  (Colin Beckingham <colbec@kingston.net>)
List pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2016 18:53, "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks.  config_local.py did not exist. I created one in the "web"
>> directory, with entries for SECRET_KEY, SECURITY_PASSWORD_SALT and
>> CSRF_SESSION_KEY (with fabricated entry values) as detailed in the code in
>> https://github.com/asheshv/pgadmin4/blob/master/web/pgAdmin4.py, redid
>> qmake, make clean and make, but same result on launch of pgAdmin4. Strange
>> that I did not see the print comment on programme's fail to see the file.
>
> Did you run setup.py before launching the runtime?

If I had to guess, there's a mis-match between the Python environment
that the runtime is being built in, and the one Colin thinks he's
configured.

I would start by running the web-app and ignoring the runtime;

1) cd web
2) Create config_local.py
3) python pgAdmin4.py
4) Point the browser at the URL given