Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Test dependencies and screenshots - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Test dependencies and screenshots
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira
<jpereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Hackers
>
> We noticed that the feature test dependencies were removed in a recent
> patch, so we added them back.

They were intentionally moved - see:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BOCxoxz8ZPsWBvEhSnMfq%3DW3QX-TaeXN9O9Gwbb%2Bf58X-9GQg%40mail.gmail.com

and

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin4.git;a=commit;h=1e5de7e66e7e578a7803087389d18102e0f5d945

> We also now create a screenshot with a
> timestamp when tests fail. This should help with debugging issues in CI.

Nice! There are a couple of minor issues though:

- The screenshots are saving with names like:
TemplateSelectionFeatureTest-2017-03-02 10/06/24.253843.png. Can you
please:

  * Change the / to a . or similar? Having forward slashes in
filenames is likely to be painful (the space should probably be
changed to an _ as well).
  * Store the screenshots in a sub-directory named for the server
that's currently being tested? That'll make it much easier to
associate a screenshot with the right server in multi-server runs
(each of my runs currently tests against 10 different servers for
example).

- I modified the ConnectToServer test to induce a failure. When I ran
the tests (on macOS Sierra, with Python 2.7) the testsuite took
screenshots for every test, not just the ones that failed. We should
only store them for tests that actually did fail.

Thanks, Dave.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com