Re: [pgadmin4][Patch]: Feature #3273 Add ability to sort in theSelect File window when opening a saved query - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin4][Patch]: Feature #3273 Add ability to sort in theSelect File window when opening a saved query
Date
In response to Re: [pgadmin4][Patch]: Feature #3273 Add ability to sort in theSelect File window when opening a saved query  (Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>)
Responses Re: [pgadmin4][Patch]: Feature #3273 Add ability to sort in theSelect File window when opening a saved query  (Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 6:39 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 11:57 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 6:27 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 6:20 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch for Feature #3273 Add ability to sort in the Select File window when opening a saved query.

I haven't seen any refactoring possibility, patch contains feature test with time.sleep(0.05). I have spend lot of time to not introduce "time.sleep()" and tried couple of different ways of WebDriveWait, but didn't get success.

Please review it.

I get the following running the feature tests:

invalid syntax (xss_checks_file_manager_test.py, line 60)

make: *** [check-feature] Error 1

   Fixed.

Also; should that file be renamed now, to reflect that it tests more than just XSS?

    Done. Attached is the modified patch.

This seems to work for the most part, however, when sorting on the Modified column, it is sorting alphabetically, not by date. This doesn't seem like it's what users would expect.

    Attached is the modified patch with the above fix.

I'm seeing the following failure pretty consistently:

ERROR: runTest (pgadmin.feature_tests.file_manager_test.CheckFileManagerFeatureTest)

File manager feature test

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/regression/feature_utils/base_feature_test.py", line 66, in tearDown

    self.after()

  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/file_manager_test.py", line 48, in after

    self.page.close_query_tool('sql', False)

  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/regression/feature_utils/pgadmin_page.py", line 104, in close_query_tool

    "//li[contains(@class, 'context-menu-item')]/span[contains(text(),"

  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/regression/feature_utils/pgadmin_page.py", line 171, in find_by_xpath

    lambda driver: driver.find_element_by_xpath(xpath)

  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/regression/feature_utils/pgadmin_page.py", line 263, in wait_for_element

    return self._wait_for("element to exist", element_if_it_exists)

  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/regression/feature_utils/pgadmin_page.py", line 337, in _wait_for

    "Timed out waiting for " + waiting_for_message

  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/support/wait.py", line 80, in until

    raise TimeoutException(message, screen, stacktrace)

selenium.common.exceptions.TimeoutException: Message: Timed out waiting for element to exist

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company