Re: [FEATURE] Add schema option to all relevant objects - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [FEATURE] Add schema option to all relevant objects
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
>>  * all extension changes are wrong according to me because they aren't
>>   schema objects, but database objects. I don't keep them.
>
> The reason why I based it on schema is because I wanted it to inherit
> the schema combobox object and its source for a list of schemas so
> lots of redundant code could be removed.  There should be no
> functional difference, but I'm probably missing the point here. :)

It's a misuse of the class, because it's intended to represent the
schema the object is in, not one it's related to in some other way.
We've made the mistake of trying to use these classes in ways that
weren't intended in the past, and it's bitten us badly. I'm not keen
to repeat that, for the sake of a few lines of code to store a schema
name,

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com