Re: PgAdmin on Windows - UTF8 and WIN1252 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PgAdmin on Windows - UTF8 and WIN1252
Date
List pgadmin-support
[Please keep replies on the mailing list]

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Baptiste GONOD
<baptiste.gonod@gmail.com> wrote:
> psql -l return that database is utf8 and show client_encoding too.
> And I install postgre on two computers, with different versions.
>

>>"your front-end app is messing up the encoding of what's being stored (and
>> likely what it displays as well, so you don't notice)"
> So the problem is Windows ?! It's a french version.
> It's impossible all users of windows don't notice that. The some topic on
> Internet on that problem are not solved.

No - Windows doesn't have a native client for PostgreSQL. I'm talking
about whatever application you've got that's running on top of
PostgreSQL.

>> "Knowing that this has worked correctly for many years"
> For windows'user too ?! Are you sure? :(

Positive. Most of pgAdmin was developed on Windows.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company